Monday, March 23, 2020

Praying is as Easy as Breathing

Good morning my YST family! I pray that you had an awesome weekend and are ready to tackle another week!

I want to talk about prayer for a moment. Let me be the first to say I used to be afraid to pray out loud. I felt that I didn't know how to pray. I didn't know what to say. I've heard so many Pastors and Preachers pray that I was scared I would not pray like they do. Then someone told me that praying is having a conversation with God. It is as easy as breathing. Did this easiness happen for me overnight? No, it did not. As a matter of fact, I would simply pray and ask God for things I wanted and needed. Now that was easy! There was nothing hard about telling the Lord about the material things I wanted or situations I needed to get out of. God wants us to pray. He wants us praying simply, directly and truthfully as ourselves and not pray like anyone else.

You can pray while you are driving, cooking, cleaning or quietly in your room behind closed doors. There are no special words, dress code, ritual or posture when praying. You don't even have to close your eyes if you don't want to. No one said you had to do any of these things to offer up prayer unto God. Just be yourself, open your mouth wherever you are and talk to God about whatever is on your heart. Praying is as easy as breathing. Give it a try, right now!

Let’s pray together:

Father God, thank you for the special and awesome way that you created me. Please help me to pray simply: to get rid of complications from my prayer life, to shut the door to all distractions and to freely talk with you. In Jesus name. Amen


Now, go and have an amazing day!

Valerie 



No comments:

Post a Comment