Monday, February 10, 2020

Check Your Heart

Greetings everyone! Welcome to a new week!

When was the last time you had a heart check? When was the last time you measured what you do and say with what's really in your heart? The Bible says in I Samuel 16 that God looks at the heart of man. We need to understand that what's in our hearts pretty much comes out in our actions and words. There is no way you can have hate in your heart and love your neighbor. There is no way you can have love in your heart and hate others. So, let me ask you, when God looks at your heart what does He see? Does your heart have a carnal or spiritual posture?

Our hearts should be filled with the things that are pleasing to God as stated in Psalm 19:14. If we have a heart of jealous, envy, hatred, malice or anger, we will definitely reap the negative consequences. B.U.T. if we have a heart of love, joy, peace, gentleness, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and patience, then I believe that the mediation of our hearts will be pleasing and acceptable to the Lord. I believe we will reap the awesome blessings that comes with a heart that demonstrates the fruit of spirit. A heart that is receptive towards God & what He has to say about our lives is what we should strive for.

I urge you to check your heart, right now!

 Have an amazing day and week!
Valerie

2 comments:

  1. I can not claim to have a purely spiritual heart but I ask God to make my heart more like his daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what each of us must do. Thanks for responding.

      Delete