Monday, January 20, 2020

Mary or Martha's Position?

Hey y'all! I pray that your new year is going well!


May I ask you all a few questions? Are you in Mary or Martha's position? Are you allowing the things of this world to distract you? Are you quietly sitting at Jesus feet soaking up all He has to tell you? I was reading chapter 10 of the Book of Luke. The story of Jesus visiting the sisters starts at verse 38 but the last two caught more of my attention. "And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."" (Luke 10:41-42)

The words had me thinking about which sister's position I connected with and why? We all have issue after issue on a regular basis, right? Well okay, maybe I am the only one. But I do know that when storms rages my attention can move away from Jesus. I have to make an intentional effort, just like Mary did, to sit at the feet of Jesus. Just as He did in the boat with the Disciples, He will calm the wind and the rain.

 One Love,

Valerie

Click the link to get your voice heard!
 

References:
Luke 10:41-42
 'And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. 
But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”'
https://my.bible.com/bible/114/LUK.10.41-42


2 comments:

  1. I have been guilty of being in the Martha role numerous times when I'm concentrated on what I think I should be doing instead of what God wants me to do. Every time I do this, I end up disappointed...focused on the wrong things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is with much desire that we all get to the point like Mary, longing to be at the feet of our Lord and Savior. Soaking all He has to pour in us. Bless you for sharing, as we all have been there.

    ReplyDelete