Monday, August 19, 2019

Through the Fire But Not Burned

Let me tell you about a fire I went through. I know some can agree with me when I say it sometimes feel like hell on earth in my life. I was once married and madly in love with my husband. We dated about 5 years before we tied the knot. You couldn’t tell me my husband didn’t love me or that he would cheat on me. Well, I learned then never say never. When I found out about the extra relationship he decided to take on, the chick was pregnant. Plus I knew her, I didn’t know of her, no literally I knew her. I thought we were friends but turns out we were not. Anywho, I was devastated without a doubt. It was like my whole world was shattered and no one could understand. I had given my all and felt there must be something wrong with me. I just knew this relationship was the one to last forever.
Did I try to reconcile with my husband? Yes. Did I pray for my marriage? No and yes. I asked God to change my heart but never to heal my marriage. Could I trust my husband again? No, I could not. I tried really hard to trust him again but I simply couldn’t because I had not forgiven him. My life took a turn down a path that left me depressed and lonely. Going through this fire is where I learned to trust God. I sought out the assistance of a therapist; combined with prayer and my new faith in God I made it out. Today, I can confess that I went through the fire but I’m not burned.
“When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” - ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

One Love,

Valerie


Picture from You Version Bible App

2 comments:

  1. I continue to be amazed at what we can handle as humans when we trust God with everything. Thanks for the hot tea this morning. It warmed my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel, yes, it amazes me also. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete