Monday, August 26, 2019

Your Morning Thoughts

Most of us wake up to an alarm that we may snooze more than once. We tend to lie in bed before jumping up to get the day started. While laying there, what do you think about? Do you think about all of the things you have to tackle for the day?
Each morning we wake up, we have a choice to make. That choice is to think about God or think about ourselves. Being honest with yourself, how many of you think about God before you think about your to-do list or that ever so important project with a deadline closing in? How does your day begin? Me? After hitting snooze, since it is closes to me I actually pick up my phone and open the Bible app. I read and share the scripture verse of the day. Then I read and reflect on a daily devotion. Lastly, I pray.
The word of God says' “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.”
‭‭
The choice is yours. Consider all of the things that distracts you and keep your thoughts away from God. It took me a while but I realized if I turn my first thoughts to God, He will guide me and give me wisdom to conquer the to-do list or any project that I may encounter. It’s in His word. God is a promise keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment