Monday, October 21, 2019

Are You a Pleasing Aroma?

Good morning y'all! It's Monday again! Glory be to God for a new day and a new week! Let me just get to it, when was the last time you check the scent of your life? Is a pleasing aroma before God? If you search the word "aroma" in the Bible you will see a lot of Old Testaments verses  that talks about how the sacrifices offered to God in those times were a special gift, a pleasing aroma. Today, God isn't looking for sacrifices of animals, grains, incenses or oils. He is looking for self-sacrifice from those who follow Him. Our lives should mimic the life of Christ Jesus. We are to love others as we love ourselves. We are to forgive each other of our faults. We are to be a living sacrifice because Christ sacrificed His life for us. Do you have a willing heart? Are you desiring to be that special gift, a pleasing aroma unto God? Sacrifice of self is the answer! Be a living sacrifice, give your entire life to Christ Jesus, who was the first human sacrifice to please God!

Simply Prayer: Father God, in Your power and might, show me and help me to be a living sacrifice, living a life filled with love and following the example of Jesus; who loved me and offered Himself as a sacrifice for me, a pleasing aroma to God. Glory and honor is Yours as You deserve it. I pray this pray in Christ Jesus name. Amen.


One Love,


Valerie

2 comments:

  1. Super interesting take on the whole concept of being a "pleasing aroma" to God and I hadn't thought of self-sacrifice in that way before. I think you just gave me confirmation on something...gracias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am glad your were enlighten. Be blessed.

      Delete